TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (3-1) AT CHICAGO BEARS (3-1)
Week 5 is upon us as the 3-1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers head to the windy city to face off against the 3-1 Chicago Bears for Thursday Night Football! Thursday’s contest will mark the 60th time the two teams have met. The Chicago Bears currently hold a 39-20 all-time series lead over the Buccaneers. The last time these two teams faced off at Soldier field was in Week 4 on September 30th, 2018, in which the Bears tanned hides of the Buccaneers 48-10.
The Buccaneers are coming off of a big win at home in week 3 against the Los Angels Chargers. Tom Brady passed for 369 yards and five touchdowns to rally the Buccaneers from a 17 point deficit to win 38-31. Brady made history last week, becoming just the third quarterback with “30 career games of at least four touchdown passes and ranks third in league annals with seven career games of at least five touchdown passes.”
- Quarterback Tom Brady has passed for 974 yards and eight touchdowns and only thrown two interceptions in three career start against the Bears in Chicago.
- Wide Receiver Mike Evans has 33 receptions for 469 yards, and two touchdowns in five Thursday night appearances. He leads the NFL with five touchdown catches through week 4.
- Linebacker Lavonte David led the Buccaneers with 11 tackles against the Chargers last week, and is one of two players (Bobby Wagner) with at least 35 tackles (35) and three passes defensed (three) this season.
The Chicago Bears took a blow last week when they lost to the Indianapolis Colts 19-11. Bears quarterback Nick Foles passed for 249 yards with one touchdown and one interception in his first start with Chicago last week.
- Quarterback Nick Foles, in four career starts against Tampa Bay, has totaled eight touchdowns, six of them passing, and two rushing, and had a 100.6 passer rating.
- Wide Receiver Allen Robinson led the Bears with seven receptions for 101 yards and one touchdown, resulting in his 14th career 100-yard game. He has 333 receiving yards (83.3 per game) an two touchdowns in four Thursday night appearances. He is one of two NFC wide receivers (Tyler Lockett) with at least 25 receptions (25), 300 receiving yards (331) and two touchdown catches (two) this season.
- Linebacker Khalil Mack recorded a sack and a forced fumble in 2018 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Since joining the Bears, he is one of three players (Chandler Jones and T.J. Watt) with at least 20 sacks (22.5) and 10 forced fumbles (11).
Source: The National Football League