Authorities were called out to Raymond James Stadium at approximately 2:00 PM this afternoon, after a report of an explosion inside the stadium. Two people were confirmed injured in what is being described as a small explosion within a concession area.
As of now, there are no reports of any deaths, and no cause has been made available. More information to come as details become known.
UPDATES: Police say two men were working on a gas line in a vending area on the 300 level when a spark caused a small explosion. Both were taken to Tampa General as trauma alerts. – Per WFLA and Bay News 9
10 News has confirmed that the fire is out and capped. The 2 workers transported to the hospital are being treated for burn-related injuries
Tampa Fire Rescue reports that the scene is under control and an investigation into the incident has begun. There is no major damage reported to the actual stadium structure itself.
Update: The two men injured in yesterday’s incident are identified as Shane Bors, 29, of Hudson, and Charles Knowles, 62, of St. Petersburg. They suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said one of the men was working on a gas line, and the other was working on a cooler.
Sprinklers inside the stadium went off, and about $5,000 worth of damage was done – Per Bay News 9.
Live coverage provided by ABC Action News Tampa: