3-4, 4-3, or whatever sub-packages you put him in, it doesn’t matter. Jason Pierre-Paul is an asset to the Buccaneers defense. Earlier in the week, the news broke out that the star defensive end was involved in a single car crash. The details haven’t been disclosed as to what caused it, only told that he was in the crash and released from the hospital. According to TMZ, it is believed that Pierre-Paul did not break any laws.
Thursday Bucs GM Jason Licht said in a press conference when asked about the details of the crash,
“We have been informed that Jason was involved in a one-car accident early this morning in South Florida in which he was not cited. We know that he was evaluated at a local hospital and has since been released. Our immediate concern is for the safety and well-being of Jason and his passenger. We have been in contact with Jason and will be getting him further evaluated by our medical staff in the near future.”
Losing JPP to an injury sustained in the incident would be detrimental. However, nothing has been stated as to what his current status is just yet. It also has not been disclosed as to when the team will be able to evaluate Pierre-Paul as he has yet to attend any voluntary workouts.
During the 2018 season, Jason Pierre-Paul started in 16 games for the Buccaneers, recording 2 pass defends, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 58 tackles, 20 hits on the quarterback, and 12.5 sacks that ended a double digit sack drought that lasted 10-years.